Tuesday, February 14, 2012

CHAPTER ONE, HAMILTON

Happy to say Chapter One accepted two books, on consignment. They didn't let me know the others had sold out, but now I can refer folks there again.

Book stores must be in an awful bind as the publishing business goes through a huge revolution. Increasingly used books are more valuable for folks that want a book in their hands, and new books will be ever more pricey. I am hoping the self-publishing route will be a significant percentage of the industry, but of course that entirely depends on marketing...thus more social networking.

So now I've got a facebook page for MR, which I will add to frequently. And if I get a good review from an editor on the beginnings of my new book, perhaps a facebook page on it as well? The downside is writing on blogs, facebook and returning emails takes a fair amount of precious time. I enjoy it, but it takes me from the fantasy world I'm creating in the new book. No, it's not a fantasy novel, or sci fi, or futuristic. But it's my world, I created it, I populate it, and I'm the Source for all the action that occurs. Is that powerful or what??

No comments:

Post a Comment